Saturday, July 19, 2008

Early morning run


Early morning runs are my favorite. Actually, early morning runs on the beach are my favs, but this morning I had the privilege of running a quick four-miler with one of my buddies. In fact, Paul and I’ve lost track of the number of trails and miles we’ve trodden over the past six years. We’ve conquered a few marathons and a 30+ mile trail race - the Buckeye Trail 50k.

You might be thinking we’re nuts for running such long distances, but it’s all relative to how far you have ever run. Believe me, I used to think marathoners were crazy; that is until I completed my first marathon (The New Las Vegas Marathon) in December 2005. Now, (and this is going to sound like I’m boasting, but I’m not) I am looking to the next challenge of running an ultra-marathon, perhaps a 50-miler. I don’t know yet, but have been kicking around the idea. So, if any of you have completed a 50 or 100-miler (Western States 100 anyone?), please drop me a line.

I hope you have a hobby or activity that you really enjoy. I know running is one of many activities that brings me joy and where I can feel God's pleasure. I’ve been running for over twenty years and I pray God continues to bless me with good health so I can continue to run well into my old age – or until He takes me home.

Good running with you this morning, Paul. See you out on the trails - soon.

No comments: