Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Burning the candle at both ends

I am exhausted. I feel like I’ve been on the road for weeks – burning the candle at both ends…with a propane torch! Today I delivered a sales presentation to a large group of professionals in the greater metropolitan Miami area. What started out as a normal day, ending up being a classic unfolding of ‘Murphy’s Law’. I won’t bore you with all of the details, but needless to say, driving in large cities like Miami helps remind me as to why people experience road rage!


Okay, so short and to the point. I am going to read a few more pages of this new book, “The Shack” by William P. Young. So far, it is a good read. The author has my creative juices flowing, and now I want to write that book that I am always putting off. You see, I’ve always wanted to write a novel or two. So last year, I figured I better get busy and I enrolled in the Apprentice Level Course through the Christian Writers Guild. I have really enjoyed it thus far, but I am about a month behind in completing my lessons! I am just wondering if I should continue taking the classes or not. I’m not one to give up, so I know I need to put my nose to grindstone and git’r done. We’ll see. Maybe that book is a whole lot closer than I originally thought. You tell me what you think.


Peace,

Jeff

No comments: